So's Your Old Man (1926) and It's the Old Army Game (1926) 35mm prints courtesy Library of Congress on the big screen with live music by Jeff Rapsis. Special guest Dr. Harriet Fields, granddaughter of the legendary W.C. Fields. Read more at the Jeff Rapsis/Silent Film Music blog...
- TCM features W.C. Fields at TCM Classic Film Festival 2015, Hollywood. Friday evening, March 27, Allen Fields and Ron Fields, grandsons, introduce The Bank Dick, the first W.C. Fields' film added to the National Film Registry of the Library of Congress.
- Re-issue of the three vital and essential W.C. Fields' books – brother Ronald J. Fields – the world’s Fields' scholar and expert, best-seller W.C. Fields By Himself with new foreword by Conan O’Brien; Ron’s essential filmography W.C. Fields A Life on Film with new forewords by Ben Mankiewicz and international film historian and critic David Robinson; and W.C. Fields' own Fields for President with new foreword by Dick Cavett.
- Arthur Wertheim books W.C. Fields From Burlesque and Vaudeville to Broadway: Becoming a Comedian, Part I released December 2014. Part II release in 2016, W.C. Fields On Stage, Radio, and Screen: Becoming a Cultural Icon.
- Universal to release digitalized versions of W.C. Fields' films, plus added specials, for October 2015.
- Classic movie houses around the country screening W.C. Fields' films throughout 2015.
- AFI – June 6 through 11, search AFI's W.C. Fields' film screenings.
- University of California Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive – June 24, July 5, and July 19 W.C. Fields' film screenings, search Pacific Film Archive's Sunday Funnies: Laurel & Hardy and W.C. Fields.
- New Amsterdam Theatre - “W.C. Fields Centennial Celebration at the New Amsterdam” June 22, 2015, in commemoration of our grandfather's opening and starring in this historic theatre in the Ziegfeld Follies 100 Years and one day on June 21, 1915, INVITATION ONLY event. Dick Cavett, Ronald J. Fields, Dr. Harriet A. Fields, Arthur Wertheim, and Dana Amendola, VP for Operations Disney Theatrical Group were among the participants.
- New Amsterdam Theatre Archival Collection to interview W.C. Fields' grandchildren, Dr. Harriet Fields and Ronald J. Fields, for their oral histories of our grandfather’s performances there, as well as his associations with other performers in the historic New Amsterdam Theatre.
- Bryn Mawr Film Institute – August 6, 13, 20, W.C. Fields' film screenings. Dr. Harriet Fields speaks at Bryn Mawr closing screening, August 20.
- TCM – Broadcast Friday evening, September 4 at 8 p.m. - TCM cable TV featuring “W.C. Fields A Celebration of 100 Years in Film”, Ben Mankiewiecz co-hosting with Dr. Harriet Fields, granddaughter.
- September 19, Magic Castle, Hollywood - 100th Anniversary Celebration of W.C. Fields' first film Pool Sharks at the site of the ORIGINAL POOL TABLE on loan from the W.C. Fields' family. Allen and Ron Fields to host with the Magic Castle.
- November 13 & 14, 2015, Library of Congress W.C. Fields' Tribute. Dr. Harriet Fields will speak.
- November 29 – Museum of the Moving Image and The Astor Room at Kaufman Astoria Studios planning daylong W.C. Fields' film screenings and reception.
- December 6 & 7 – Film Forum, NY, Alice in Wonderland with W.C. Fields as Humpty Dumpty.
- December 21, Reading of the Canary Trial in the Midtown Community Court House at 314 W. 54th St. in the actual court room of the trial, now an Off-Off-Broadway theatre of the American Theatre of Actors. Permanent W.C. Fields and Justice display in the lobby of the Court House, unveiled July 24, 2014.
- Smithsonian, Washington DC – W.C. Fields' recognition and tributes throughout the decade and beyond.
For more information please contact:
W.C. Fields Productions, Inc.
Date: Monday, December 21, 2015
Time: 7:00 p.m. with Q&A after
Where: The American Theatre of Actors – in the actual courtroom of the Trial
314 W. 54th Street, New York, NY
John Cullum Theatre, (2nd floor) in the Midtown Community Court
See the invitation...
See the flyer...
Packard Campus Theater upcoming films include
Friday, November 13, 2015 beginning at 7:30 p.m. Eastern
- Running Wild (1927), Paramount.
- So's Your Old Man (1926), Paramount.
Saturday, November 14, 2015 beginning at 2:00 p.m. Eastern
- You Can't Cheat An Honest Man (1939), Universal.
- The Golf Specialist (1930), RKO-Radio.
- The Bank Dick-Trailer (1940), Universal.
Saturday, November 14, 2015 beginning at 7:30 p.m. Eastern
- It's A Gift (1934), Paramount.
- The Bank Dick (1940), Universal.
Page 1 of 2